Cilantro Plants

Is My Cilantro Plant Ruined?

cntgrwnething added on May 1, 2012 | Answered

My 8 yr. old daughter planted cilantro at school and brought it home the same day. A couple days later my 2 yr. old daughter threw it on the floor and some of the soil came out. I quickly scooped it all back in with the rest of the soil but now I'm afraid that might have ruined it. I keep it in the sunlight, water it when it feels dry, and it has the drainage holes. Nothing is sprouting yet. It's been probably a little over a week since she planted it. If anyone has any advice I'd appreciate it. My daughter is so excited about this growing. Thank you.

Sounds like you've done about all you can at this point. It is possible, though, that the seeds could have been lost in the fall or may have gotten buried deeper when putting the soil back in the pot (this would make it take longer to sprout, if at all). All you can really do now is wait and see or you may want to consider replating some additional seeds and thin down the sprouts as needed should the others pop up.

00
Here are more questions about Cilantro Plants