Is it toxic? I haven’t seen anything pertaining to that in any of your articles but other sites that I have checked state that it
say that it is. I want to plant it on a hill that goes down to the lake where we swim. We have young grandchildren and I don't want to take the chance of them getting harmed by it.
Unfortunately, you forgot to include the name of the plant. There are thousands of poisonous plants but what do we mean when we say poisonous? Often these plants taste bad and small amounts will, at most, cause stomach. There are exceptions: a small amount of pokeweed berries and some mushrooms, for example, are highly toxic if ingested. So stay away from the most poisonous plants, houseplants included, if you have toddlers. Children as young as 3 can be taught not to eat *anything* they find outside. Wiki has a long, but not all inclusive list of the more toxic plants. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_poisonous_plants
And another resource from Texas A&M https://aggie-horticulture.tamu.edu/earthkind/landscape/poisonous-plants-resources/common-poisonous-plants-and-plant-parts/
If you wish, please write back with the name of the plant you are questioning.