Lemon Trees

Is It Possible to Still Fertilize My Lemon Tree Correctly?

stevenscott added on December 4, 2011 | Answered

We have rented a house in southeast Melbourne that has a nice paved courtyard in which has a beautiful lemon tree. When we came, the tree was 25-30 feet tall and had hundreds of lemons on it. I have since cut it back to around 10 feet. My dilemma is the tree has been planted and then the ground has been paved, leaving a 1 m. square hole for the tree. I cannot fertilize the drip line. Is it possible to still possible to fertilize my lemon tree correctly?

You did not mention how far out the paving goes, so it may be possible that you can fertilize on the outer edges of the root system, which likely extend out 5-6 meters from the trunk. If this whole area has been paved, I would recommend that you fertilize through the hole but with a water soluble fertilizer. Try to fertilize during a dry period, and flood the area. This may help push the fertilizer out under the pavement and out to the roots.

00
Here are more questions about Lemon Trees