Catmint Plants

Is Catmint Deer Resistant

Beachgrandma added on September 2, 2012 | Answered

I have catmint in my garden in NY, where I live in the country and where deer are plentiful. The deer do not touch the catmint, although they happily munch on other plants in my garden. I love this plant because it is as reliable a plant as there can be. It does not require any maintenance and establishes and propagates very quickly–so quickly, in fact, that it probably qualifies as being invasive. I am ok with its invasive nature on my property because I have four acres of hillside to cover, so it fits my needs well, but you may want to take care when considering this plant for your garden.

While no plant is 100% deer proof, catmint does seem to deter deer most of the time, along with other fragrant plants. And yes, they are also aggressive growers too.

Here are more questions about Catmint Plants