Container Hibiscus Plants

Is Hibiscus Deciduous

Is Hibiscus deciduous and, if so, do I need to cut it back? My hibiscus, after flowering profusely last year, wintered indoors and is now in my greenhouse, which is partially heated. Not surprisingly, the leaves have dropped off and it looks pretty sad. Is it a deciduous shrub? Do I need to cut it back a little to encourage growth lower down the plant?

Yes, this is pretty common for hibiscus and is normal. When they go into winter dormancy, they will normally drop leaves. You can try to stop it by adding supplemental light or just wait it out until new spring growth begins. They do require pruning in spring as well, so now may be a good time for that. Here is more info: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/hibiscus/tips-for-pruning-hibiscus-plants-when-to-prune-hibiscus.htm

00
Here are more questions about Container Hibiscus Plants