Iris

cBrown added on April 23, 2018 | Answered

Planted several different colors over the last 5 years and now they are all just yellow blooms. I did read some where that they are affected by heat and it does get really hot on the far west side of Albuquerque. They are fed and watered like they should be but now my neighbors are also coming out all yellow. Can you please tell me why. Thanks Cheryl

It is likely that there was a seed dropped from an openly pollinated variety, and that this plant was more vigorous. They can easily take over existing beds, so this is the most likely answer to this. To get some color back, you will have to either wait until they are pollinated by something else, or replant the bed with your preferred color. They will usually all revert if the nearby pollen remains.

00