Iris Plants

Iris

Marilynn added on June 14, 2017 | Answered

I recently dug up some Iris that were not blooming. I have not replanted them. How long can I keep the Iris out of the ground? I have bought Iris before and they were all dried out and looked like they were dead. I planted them anyway and they grew. So that is why I want to know how long I can keep them before planting.

ellie13232

Generally one keeps them out of the ground for only a few days. If they are going into a new area dislodge the soil and cut back the tops. Place them in a shady area for a few days and transplant when you have time. While iris can survive a considerable amount of time out of the ground up to two weeks, sooner is better as it is less stressful for the plant and you have a higher chance of survival. Enjoy your iris.

00
Here are more questions about Iris Plants