Lemon Trees

Insect Infestation in Potted Lemon Tree

Anonymous added on December 10, 2014 | Answered

While giving my potted lemon tree a delightful day out on the deck before the long winter, the poor think became infested with a soil based pest. They are grey with multiple legs, capsule shaped bodies and I can only see them when I water, because they come up to the surface to escape. I want to safely kill them without harming the tree. I don't know what type of lemon tree it is. Also, according to your site, I need to repot it as well. Perhaps I can take care of both issues at once. Please help. This plant is roughly three feet high and I got it at 4 inches. Thanks in advance.

Yes, I would repot the plant with fresh soil. I would also treat the plant and soil with neem oil, which is safe to use but effective on most insect pests.

00
Here are more questions about Lemon Trees