Dogwood Trees

Infestation on My Dwarf Dogwood Tree

Monks67 added on September 14, 2017 | Answered

I live in central Indiana and have encountered an infestation on two dwarf dogwood trees. I have attached pictures and wondered how to kill the nasty bugs. Thanks Doug Montgomery

Luckily the infection is still young. I recommend using a few things. This my method for both fungal infections, and insect infestations: First, you will want to prime the ground with dolomitic lime, then spread wettable sulfur to Kill off any infection in the soil. I Also like to spray the plant itself. Mix a few drops of one or more of these ingredients into warm water with a spoonful of coconut oil: Rosemary oil, lavender oil, neem oil, garlic oil, cinnamon extract/oil and for really bad cases, also add clove oil. Here is an article with more information on insect infestations:https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/trees/dogwood/common-dogwood-problems.htm

00
Here are more questions about Dogwood Trees