Container Hibiscus Plants

Indoor Hibiscus

rainideigh added on March 4, 2015 | Answered

I brought my hibiscus indoors at the end of summer/early fall and for a while it continued to bloom beautifully. After a bit, it became quite a bit more thin in the leaves and stopped blooming altogether. I noticed some yellow leaves but thought that might have been due to over watering. I tapered back the water and now the leaves feel crunchy and dry. What can I do? Is my plant in danger of dying? It is kept in a room with windows on three sides and an ambient temperature of about 68 degrees F.

It can be difficult to provide the sunlight and humidity that your hibiscus needs during the long winter months.
If possible I would provide a grow light to help it along. Also putting your plant on a tray of water filled with pebbles will help with humidity. Think tropical conditions, that's what makes a hibiscus happy.

Here is an article with more information.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/hibiscus/how-to-care-for-hibiscus-plants.htm

00
Here are more questions about Container Hibiscus Plants