Boston Fern Plants

Indoor Boston Fern

I have 6 boston ferns and I want to bring them in for the winter. I am going to put them in the crawl space under the house. My question is, can I hang them? And there is very little light that comes in, will that be problem? Or do I need to get some lighting? I don't know about the temperature yet but I'll find that out.

Boston ferns do fairly well as normal houseplants, if you can give them bright indirect light and good humidity. If you do not think you can do this, or if you do not have the room, you can put them into dormancy. You do this by placing them in a cool, dark place - like an attached garage, a closet or a basement. Water it only once a month, but water it thoroughly when you do. It will look dead, but in the spring, take it back out and it should regrow fine.

00
Here are more questions about Boston Fern Plants