Basil Plants

Iguana

Anonymous added on December 31, 2014 | Answered

We have a house on Bonaire, Netherlands Antilles and are bothered by iguanas.  They leave their "poo" next to the pool, and all around the house. I do not leave any food, but they eat newly planted flowers, even Basilicum. I love your help. I heard of electrical fences, but would not know where to get them.

You could try electric fencing; however, plastic fencing will work just as well. Really, anything that creates a barrier will work. Iguanas are diggers and with digging animals, the solution is to dig a trench around the garden and bury the barrier you will be using down at least 6". This will stop them if they try to dig below. For additional info on iguana control, this article will help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/pests/animals/iguana-control.htm

00
Here are more questions about Basil Plants