Gardenia Plants

Sprayed My Gardenia Plant for Bugs

kymbaleu added on April 22, 2012 | Answered

The leaves become brittle and light green. They want to fall off. Will it come back to life again? The branches are empty; however, it seems like new ones are coming in. I use a humidifier. Should I place the plant in the south window where it gets hot in the afternoon or eastern where it gets morning light?

First, you need to determine if the plant is alive. If it is alive (and it sounds as though it is), it has a chance to recover. This article will help you with that:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/environmental/how-to-tell-if-a-plant-is-dead-and-how-to-recover-an-almost-dead-plant.htm

I would place it where it will get more light. Also treat it with a fungicide as a fungus could also cause defoliation.

00
Here are more questions about Gardenia Plants