Identification Hollyhock

gardeneer added on March 9, 2018 | Answered

I wonder if you can identify this plant? I thought I had bought bare root Hollyhock, Alcea Mixed, it said on the packet. On opening them, I did not think the roots were typical of hollyhock but have hydrated them and set them to sprout. Now the leaves do not look right either! It would be great if you could help identify them - I hesitate to put them in my best South facing position and find I get something else. With thanks Iain Brown Douglas

It is, definitely, not a hollyhock. It is still too early to tell what it is. You can take it up to your local extension service, and they mey be able to help you further. This link will help you to find the nearest one to you: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/extension-search/

Here are more questions about Hollyhocks