Plant Recommendations

Ideas for Small Shady Pond

I have a very small (1m by 50cm and about 30cm deep) pond. It is in shade because of some large oak trees on an a joining property. It is concrete. I have just emptied it, as it was full of rotting leaves and very little else. Have you any ideas as to what I could do with it - either as a pond or should I turn it into a bog garden or simply break it up and get rid of it?

It really depends on what level of maintenance you are willing to put into your pond as to what you should do with it. If you want an actual pond, this does require the most care of the options available. It needs to be cleaned out at least yearly and you need to work towards keeping a balance with the wildlife and flora. A bog is a good idea, but you may have issue with mosquitoes without drainage.

Here are more questions about Plant Recommendations