Orchid Plants

I Was Given an Orchid to Save

hutchie added on March 18, 2014 | Answered

Only two flowers remain intact and healthy. There were another 8 that were totally dead.  I pulled off the dead flowers but the branch that they were on is dried out. I'm not sure if I should cut the branch off at the base or to leave it. I'm trying to save it so it doesn't die...Help.

Orchid flowers can last 2 or 3 months, but they do eventually die. Pull off the dead or dying flowers, but don't cut the flower stem unless it's brown and dry looking; sometimes orchids send a new flower spike off an older spike. Most common orchids will take several months to a year before they flower again, but their care is simple, and it's a thrill when they flower again. This article will give you a start on good care for your orchid. https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/orchids/indoor-orchid-care.htm

00
Here are more questions about Orchid Plants