Flower Gardening

Garden Clean Up

les2wilde@aol.com added on October 17, 2015 | Answered

I may have asked this -- but is it almost garden clean-up time? 1- I have had callas for several years in pots in Brooklyn, NY but did not realize I could keep them, so dumped the pots into the garden, and guess what, this year I had 8 calla plants in the garden, one of which bloomed a much bigger flower than the ones that usually bloom and it was a COLD winter! How could this happen and now should I pull them up and over-winter them as recommended? 2-I always have great tuberous begonias in pots also. I keep them and replant and got new ones, but there were hardly any blooms. Could there be a reason? Thank you.

Growhio

As for the callas it is benefiCial to dig up the bulbs ó°€€and storethem during the winter

00
Here are more questions about Flower Gardening