Container Hibiscus Plants

Two Hibiscus Overwintered in Garage

steps71 added on March 12, 2015 | Answered

I have two hibiscus plants I saved in my garage over the winter. I live in Missouri. I trimmed them all way down so what should I feed them and when can I put them outside?

Move your hibiscus outdoors gradually in the spring when the temperature reaches 45 to 50 F - hibiscus do not tolerate temperatures under 45 F. Nitrogen and high levels of potassium are required by hibiscus. Use a water-soluble fertilizer formulated for hibiscus and feed the plant lightly but regularly. Slow release fertilizer, which lasts up to six weeks, may also be used.

For more information on hibiscus container care, please visit the following link:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/hibiscus/hibiscus-container-care.htm

00
Here are more questions about Container Hibiscus Plants