Rosemary Plants

I Have Recently Bought a Rosemary Bush

JaneNeal added on May 18, 2014 | Answered

I have recently bought a Rosemary bush and had one before. Would it be advisable to plant the new one in the same spot in my herb garden? The first Rosemary bush, which has now died, had some yellowed needles, and I would like to plant the new one in roughly the same area. How much space should I leave, and is it correct or advisable to plant the new one in the same bed or spot? If so, how far from the old site?

H-m-m-m, I love rosemary. I can smell it just writing the word. It's always advisable to place a new plant of the same variety as one that died in a slightly different spot, in case there are lingering pathogens, and also to avoid possible mineral depletions. I should think a couple of feet away would be enough. FYI, here's an article on growing rosemary: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/herbs/rosemary/growing-rosemary-plants-rosemary-plant-care.htm

00
Here are more questions about Rosemary Plants