Strawberry Plants

I Have Beautiful Strawberry Plants, but Very Few Strawberries

jed added on July 30, 2013 | Answered

I have plenty of flowers on the plants and have watered every other day. The plants are exposed to sunshine, but not all day long as there are trees shading them to the North. Last year I planted other garden items, such as carrots and peas, and the same thing happened--nice plants, but poor results. The soil is fertilized soil, mostly with animal manure. I haven't had the soil tested, but am wondering if it might be lacking something. What can you suggest?

The soil could have an abundance of nitrogen, especially since it is rich with manure. A soil test would let you know for certain but it would not hurt to add some bone meal in the meantime. This will help offset the high nitrogen content by adding phosphorus to the soil. Also, you may need to prune back some of those trees to allow more light to reach your plants. Most fruits/veggies need at least 6-8 hours of sun to grow and produce well.

00
Here are more questions about Strawberry Plants