Weed Identification

I Have an Invasive Weed…

shay88 added on July 28, 2012 | Answered

This weed is a single vine with green leaves and the stem has needle like spines. They are difficult to pull and I am afraid to spray them around my shrubbery, but they attach to everything. Please help.

Hoover015

If it is the one I have, it has tough, speckled leaves that grow oppisite each other and big thorns all along the stem. I cut the stem down to two or three leaves close to the ground. Being careful not to get spay on other plants around, I heavily coat the leaves with round up. You may have to do it a couple times. Eventually it works. They have strong roots that travel through the ground. The herbicide will travel through these roots to help eradicate it. I don't know the name of it but it can grow all up in the trees.

00
Here are more questions about Weed Identification