Lemon Trees

Lemon Tree Not Producing

Tinadeloia added on August 7, 2015 | Answered

I have an 8-9 ft lemon tree I grew from a grocery store lemon seed. It's healthy, smells wonderful and is about 5 years old. It won't produce flowers/lemons. I've checked for rootstock suckers, I water it, I give it acidic fertilizer. Help!!

Most likely you will not get any fruit from this tree. If you want a better chance at fruit, purchase a dwarf tree that has been grafted onto rootstock at a nursery or garden center. That being said, it is not impossible.

If you are seeing lots of foliage growth with little to no blooming, then it's likely a nutrient imbalance - too much nitrogen, which produces lush growth, and too little phosphorus, which is responsible for flowering and fruiting. Without flowers, you won't get fruit. I would give the trees a high phosphorus fertilizer, or add bone meal to the soil. Here is more information: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/garden-how-to/soil-fertilizers/phosphorus-plant-growth.htm

00
Here are more questions about Lemon Trees