Container Wisteria Vines

I Have a Wisteria That Used to Flower but Stopped When Fish Waste Was Added

lesley07 added on March 26, 2012 | Answered

The whisteria is approx. 5 years old and lives in a large terracota pot. How can I get it to reflower? It hasn't flowered for 3 years.

First, I would check the roots since it's in a container. Normally, these don't make the best container plants as they need lots of room to grow. If the roots are constricted, it may need to be repotted (2 inches larger) or transplanted elsewhere.

In addition, I would guess that the nitrogen to phosphorus ratio is off. The soil may have an abundance of nitrogen, which would result in nice, healthy green growth but little to no blooms. Without the right amount of phosphorus, it will not bloom well. Bone meal is a great way to add phosphorus. This article will also help: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/vines/wisteria/wisteria-blooming-problems.htm

00
Here are more questions about Container Wisteria Vines