Rhododendron Plants

I Have a Rhododendron Plant in a Pot

604n15 added on October 22, 2012 | Answered

What do I do with it? Do I take it inside or cut it back? Right now it looks like it's ready to flower again! It's full of buds. It's a beautiful plant and I hope to save it. I have had them before and they always die over the winter. Thought maybe it needs to go inside for the winter, but the more I read about them they should go through the winter fine. By the way, I live in Wisconsin, zone 5. Thank you!

While these shrubs can be container grown, during winter they should either be indoors, an unheated garage, or planted in the ground. Containers often do not provide adequate winter protection for the roots of plants unless the pot is thoroughly wrapped, and in as warm a place as possible. This also depends on your climate, as those with less harsh winters can remain outdoors in their pots over winter.

This article will help with any pruning: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/shrubs/rhododendron/pruning-rhododendrons.htm

00
Here are more questions about Rhododendron Plants