Dracaena Plants

Dracaena Plant

bossyboots added on April 26, 2015 | Answered

I have a Dracaena plant with pale cream leaves. I have left it outside and the leaves have curled and become brown. I live in Portugal and assumed it would like the hot weather. Should it be left indoors? Watered in a pebble tray? And how do I revive it, as it is looking very sad? Help. Regards Lydia

When it was outside, was it in the direct sun? Dracaena do best when placed in bright but indirect light. Try to avoid placing them in full sun as it will burn the leaves.

The soil of a dracaena should be kept lightly moist but not soggy. How often have you been watering it? Your plant could be under-watered or over-watered. Does your pot have good drainage? If the soil is soggy, you will want to repot your plant in fresh soil after inspecting it for root rot. If the soil is dry to the touch, you should water it.

For more information on drachena plant, please visit the following link:

Here are more questions about Dracaena Plants