Citron Plants

Pot Grown Citron

Linda S. added on March 17, 2015 | Answered

I have a citron pot grown for more than 5 years. I let it dry out, but it came back. There is a large "something" that could be a seed pod, or a disease. My husband, who was the plant guru, died in December and I do not know if that large green thing (almost shaped like a citron) is fruit, fungus or who knows? After I began watering it regularly, it produced tiny white flowers. How do I care for it? It lives indoors during the winter and outdoors when it is warm enough. What is warm enough?

The 'something' you describe is a citron fruit.
Continue to water it on a regular schedule. Since the citron is a citrus fruit, you would care for it the same as a citrus tree.

Here is a link that will help with your plant.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/edible/fruits/fegen/dwarf-fruit-trees-a-planting-guide-for-fruit-trees-in-containers.htm

00
Here are more questions about Citron Plants