China Doll Plants

China Doll Tree

dustelle707 added on March 30, 2014 | Answered

I have a China doll tree/twig I have had for about 9 years now. I recently transplanted it and it didn't exactly like the move. The leaves have started turning brown, crispy and are falling off. Is there a way to save it? I have had it for so long I can't just throw it away. Also, it is only about two feet tall and when it was healthy it was very sparce. Is there a way to slow growth down like they do before selling it in stores so it might thicken up and not be so Charlie Brown if I can even manage to save it from its current problems?

-Leaves brown, crisping, and falling.
-Over 9 years old and under 2 ft tall.
-Space leaves and branches.
-Transplanted.

What can I feed it to make happy and grow better?

I would make a guess that your plant needs more light, and less water. There's a good chance its roots are very weakened by being in soil that is too wet for too long. This article will help you: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/china-doll/radermachera-sinica.htm
BTW, plant stores and/or growers don't do anything to plants to slow their growth prior to selling them; they give them plenty of light so that they will grow as thick and lush as possible.

00
Here are more questions about China Doll Plants