Spider Plants

Spider Plants

tlgutierrez831 added on March 28, 2015 | Answered

I have 3 mature spider plants that want to grow up from the soil surface then, when they get too heavy, they fall over. Are they not planted deep enough into the soil? Can I add more soil to the pots to give them more support? Thanks, Teri from Sunnyvale CA

I would re-pot your spider plants in a bigger pot (one size up). Just make sure that the root ball is fully embedded in the soil. Spider plants have aggressive root systems with fat tuberous roots and have been known to push their root ball up to the top edge of the pot. Sounds like that is what is happening to you.

For more information on the care of spider plants, please visit the following link:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/houseplants/spider-plant/spider-plant-care-gardening-tips-for-spider-plants.htm

00
Here are more questions about Spider Plants