Hibiscus Plants

Tree Type Hibiscus Plants

JHMCCOY added on April 1, 2015 | Answered

I have 2 tree type hibiscus plants that I brought into my garage last fall. The leaves all withered and dried up but the limbs seem to be moist. Is it possible that they can bloom again or am I wasting my time? If they can be saved, please tell me how. Thank you.

What a beautiful hibiscus!

I believe it can be saved. When the leaves fall off a hibiscus and the branches are still pliable, it is usually in a state of "full dormancy". When spring is in full swing and the temperatures warm up, you can put the hibiscus back outside, water and fertilize it and it should grow and flower again.

For more information on how to winterize hibiscus plants, please visit the following link:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/flowers/hibiscus/wintering-hibiscus-indoors-winter-care-for-hibiscus.htm

00
Here are more questions about Hibiscus Plants