Lemon Cypress

I Forgot to Water My Lemon Cypress :(

ml70sgirl added on February 18, 2017 | Answered

I've had my tiny potted lemon cypress since the end of October. I've literally had no trouble with it like a lot of people seem to say they do. I love it so much that I took it with me to a work conference in November because I would be gone for a week. I watered it every day in the hotel room, and kept it in a nice window. This past week I had a lot going on, more than usual. I was in the middle of something this afternoon and gasped, running into the room where I keep my little tree. I shouted that I'd forgotten to water it. I can't remember how many days it's been now. It was bone dry in the needles and discolored...lacking color more like. It was wilted. But I found something that said to take it out and set it somewhere where I could drench it and let the water run free. Then it said to prune the needles back about 1 ½ to 3 inches and hope for the best. I have taken such excellent care of this tree. It was stunning. It looks entirely different now...just in a couple of days. I'm devastated. Please, please let me know if I can save it. I did do the water and pruning procedure. And I am hoping for the best. I uploaded a photo of it after I pruned it. It's rainy today, so it doesn't look bad. But I assure you it looks nothing like it did. It was amazingly beautiful and perfect.

Lemon Cypress houseplants can be some of the most unforgiving plants if they are forgotten.
You have done the best you can in trying to bring it back, so don't give up and see if you can see any new growth.
Best of luck.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/trees/cypress/lemon-cypress-care.htm

00
Here are more questions about Lemon Cypress