Quince Trees

I Don’t Know What This Bush Is

campsue added on March 17, 2018 | Answered

A couple years back an older gentleman dug me, what he called... a flowering quince... I used to have one and loved it so I nurtured in a pot and planted in my garden last spring. It is budding for the first time and the buds looked pink but have now darkened in color (my pic is the beginning- the buds now look redish) but this one has some danged lethal-looking thorns :-O maybe it isn\\\'t a quince after all... ?? thanks for this forum

Yes, this is definitely a flowering quince. They do have thorns naturally, and only recently has there been varieties bred without them. This article will give you more information on this plant: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/shrubs/flowering-quince/japanese-flowering-quince.htm

00
Here are more questions about Quince Trees