Hibiscus Plants

Hibiscus Plants

Dottie added on April 15, 2011 | Answered

I planted 4 hibiscus plants last year outside and I cut them back in Nov. They are just sticks now. Did I kill them? They were beautiful and very tall. How do I know if they're dead, and when would they start getting new sprouts? I couldn't bring them inside as they were too big. Please help.

It may still be alive and will come back if it is still alive. This article will help you determine if it is still alive:
https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/plant-problems/environmental/how-to-tell-if-a-plant-is-dead-and-how-to-recover-an-almost-dead-plant.htm

00
Expresso07

I did the same thing the first year i had mine, and I thought I killed them too, but the (what looked like dead sticks) grew new growth, just leave them alone they will come back.

00
Here are more questions about Hibiscus Plants