Hydrangea Plants

Something is eating the leaves on my Hydrangea. It has been happening for two years now. I spray with a soap solution but they won't go away. I don't see anything when I look at the front or back of the leaves. I'm truly stumped. Can you help?

It could be a few things. One is mites. They are too small to see, but do cause damage to hydrangeas. Another is a fungus. Again, there are several kinds, blight fungus being the most probable cause. Fortunately, there is an organic solution that treats both mites and fungus (as well as many other pests that could be affecting the shrub). Treat the affected areas with neem oil once a week for a month. Here is more information on neem oil: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/problems/pests/neem-oil-uses.htm

Here are more questions about Hydrangea Plants