Nikko Blue Hydrangeas

Hydrangeas

I have a chance to get Nikko blue hydrangeas really, really cheap but they are about 3 inches tall. I live in zone 6 and wonder if I could get them and plant them and either keep them inside my garage or put them in my dining room until spring. I would like to purchase 10 and would be saving a fortune to buy them now this cheap and hold onto them until spring. Do you think either of my ideas would be a good idea?

Yes, you can overwinter the hydrangeas in pots indoors. During this time they should only require minimal care--like monthly watering to keep them from drying out completely. Once spring returns, you can plant them outdoors or keep them in containers outdoors to overwinter inside each year. Here is an article you may find helpful as well: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/shrubs/hydrangea/hydrangea-winter-care-how-to-protect-hydrangeas-from-winter-cold-and-wind.htm

00
Here are more questions about Nikko Blue Hydrangeas