Hydrangea Plants

Hydrangea Problem

I have 12 Hydrangeas in my garden and have never had any problems until recently, and only with 2 white flowered species. The flowers start to go brown immediately once they come into bloom. Can you please help? This is the second year this has happened.

Susan75023

Since both white plants are turning brown, that is a hint. I don't know where you live nor what the growing conditions are so this is hard to answer. The browning is typical of too much sun or too little water - this variety may require more water than the rest of your hydrangeas. I live in Texas and mine are being affected by the very hot, long-term heat. They are growing taller thus getting more sun - too much for our area. Where they once thrived as small plants, are struggling this summer.

00
Here are more questions about Hydrangea Plants