Hydrangea Plants

Hydrangea Cuttings

Articles on taking cuttings from a hydrangea bush refer to old wood and new wood flowers. My type of hydrangea has flowers on the end of new wood that emanates from old wood canes. So which do I have? Old wood flowers or new wood flowers? I live in NC and my plant does not freeze back to the ground each winter. The new wood stems are about 6-12 inches long. It seems like a no brainer but I am confused. I want to root the cuttings for adding to my yard. Thanks, Dennis Kost

You want to take the cutting from the lighter colored new growth on the plant, this will be on the tips of the branches. You will want to do this in early fall.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/shrubs/hydrangea/hydrangea-propagation.htm

00
Here are more questions about Hydrangea Plants