Hydrangea Plants

Hydrangea Bushes

Julielynn76 added on June 9, 2017 | Answered

Hello! I live in the mid Atlantic region of the U.S. and several years ago I planted hydrangea bushes down the side of my porch. They get morning shade and afternoon sun. They bloomed the first and maybe second year I had them, but for the past few years I have not got any blooms. Beautiful green foliage, but no blooms. I do not cut them back. Also, I notice when we have warm days in the late winter/ early spring I notice new buds on the tips of the wood, then it will get cold again and frost, therefore killing the new buds. Can you help me figure out what to do?? Thanks!!

David Wynne

These plants much prefer acid soil with a ph of about 4. They will do well in shade, but do not like frost at all. Protect them on cold nights with fleece.

00
Here are more questions about Hydrangea Plants