Container Hydrangea Plants

Hydrangea Blooms

I have two potted hydrangeas (pink) and have had difficulty with the blooms. Last year, both plants tried to bloom but the buds never developed correctly. A few sporatic flowers on each bud and the rest just seemed to turn pink and eventually dried up. This year, one of my plants made beautiful big blooms, and the other is doing the same thing as last year. It appeared as if it was going to produce lots of blooms but each bud just had two or three "flowers" and the rest just turned pink and never developed. What could be the cause of this? I do fertilize with Miracle Grow, and water every other day. Is this type of thing common with hydrangea? I have not found any other questions like mine online. Thanks for any help you have!

It is likely lacking a good phosphorus/nitrogen balance in the soil. Too much nitrogen or too little phosphorus will cause it to fail to bloom. This article will have some other suggestions as well: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/shrubs/hydrangea/hydrangea-not-blooming.htm

00
Here are more questions about Container Hydrangea Plants