Hydrangea Plants

Hydrangea

gillreynolds@manorcom.com added on August 2, 2017 | Answered

Dear Sirs, Could you please tell me why my Hydrangea Bush has only given me one single bloom this year? Her leaves are healthy now that I have cut off the ones the sun burned.

Allow this madame to propose a few possibilities. Sun burned leaves indicates either your hydrangea is in full sun, suffered fertilizer burn or is not being watered adequately. (How insolent or me!) Frankly, I don't think the plant can handle afternoon sun even if the leaves look OK. I'll assume you know whether your plant blooms on new wood or last year's stems and that you prune accordingly. A late spring frost, even though the leaves made it through fine, may nip those blooms in the bud. Too much water causes root rot and the plant will not perform well. And then there is the truism that sometimes the darn plant just doesn't bloom. Here is some good reading; follow the links on the left to your species of hydrangea. http://www.hydrangeashydrangeas.com/wont_bloom.html

00
Here are more questions about Hydrangea Plants