Hibiscus Plants

Hibiscus Help

divabrandi added on September 12, 2012 | Answered

My hibiscus is very unhappy. Leaves are yellowing and it is very thin compared to when I got it. The branches are also starting to wither. HELP! I would really hate to lose this as it was a gift. What do I do to bring this beautiful plant back to life? It is indoors in a container.

00

Get it to the light! Right away! Move it outdoors, in a spot shaded from direct sun, and make sure it's watered well, but not sitting in the water. You may need to water everyday. Of course, I live in Florida, and don't think of hibiscus as indoor houseplants, but I know some people grow them that way. But I bet yours was grown in a bright greenhouse somewhere, and now it desperately needs more light. If you can get it beefed up now, you may be able to keep it in the sunniest spot in your house when you bring it indoors.

00
Here are more questions about Hibiscus Plants