Hyacinth Flower

barbwirenrosez added on February 8, 2013 | Answered

I bought a hyacinth flower in a vase of water. I love it this way and it is very beautiful. My question is- it has a baby coming off the side of it, how do I take the baby off its side and put it in another vase to grow? I have tried to find this on the internet with no luck, found everything else about them but not this. PLEASE HELP! I look forward to hearing back from you. Thanks and have a great day. donna

The new bulb will need to get about an inch or more in diameter before you try to remove it from the parent. It will "rub" off with a little pressure. This article has a lot of informqation of the care of these bulbs: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/bulbs/hyacinth/planting-and-care-of-hyacinths.htm

Here are more questions about Hyacinth