Hyacinth Bean Vines

Hyacinth Bean Vine

McGyver added on June 14, 2016 | Answered

Are there different species of the hyacinth bean vine? I purchased bean seeds from Park Seed in the fall of 2015 and didn't get the results I expected. The vine flowered a little too early and the height is only approx 5 feet. The leaves are "distorted." Please see attachment pics from vines that I grew in Connecticut a couple of seasons ago. This is what I expected from the seeds I purchased last fall from Park Seed to plant in Tennessee, which is where I live now. I got disappointing results this year. I wish I had the seeds from the pods that I grew in Connecticut; unfortunately, I couldn't harvest them for several reasons. Question: can I get the "large vine" seeds? Is there such a thing? Thank you very much. George Terry

There are many different varieties of Hyacinth Beans.

Moonshadow is a favorite grown by many, this variety was grown by Thomas Jefferson.
Search for 'heirloom Hyacinth Bean seeds'.

https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/ornamental/vines/hyacinth-bean/purple-hyacinth-bean-care.htm

00
Here are more questions about Hyacinth Bean Vines