Container Hibiscus Plants

How to Trim/Cut Hibiscus Annually

I would like to know when the best time is to trim/cut the hibiscus back while still indoors; I live in Norman, OK and will not take any of the plants out till after Apr. 1, but this particular one needs to be cut back so I can have new growth later. Presently, it still has most of its leaves, but the limbs are very long and lanky. Thank you for your assistance.

I would wait until you take it out in the spring, just because indoor life is stressful on hibiscus and pruning just compounds this stress. They fill out amazingly fast if you prune them in early spring (either right before or right after you take them outside), so you don't need to worry about having a sparse looking plant. It will fill in no faster if you prune now or in early spring simply because it does not have the strength to fill in well now. In the future, you can prune them in late summer before you bring them in so that they do not take up as much room in the house.

00
Here are more questions about Container Hibiscus Plants