Watering Plants

How to Test/Know if You’re Watering With Soft Water?

rds added on February 26, 2013 | Answered

We recently purchased a home in the Phoenix area that has both a drip watering system and a water softner. I want to determine if the drip irrigation system is using the softened water or bypassed water. All the plumbing is inside the walls and ceilings and I don't want to tear into the house to map the plumbing system. I was thinking I could perform some kind of test but have been looking online for a clue on how to do this and have found nothing. Is there an easy way to determine this?

The following link tells you how to perform an "at home" test: https://www.ehow.com/how_7300965_test-soft-water.html

Check with your local water department or agricultural extension office to see if they can test your sample. Check Amazon or eBay...or your local garden center for a test kit.

00
Here are more questions about Watering Plants