Rose Of Sharon Plants

How to Store Rose of Sharon Starts?

amyp71077 added on July 4, 2012 | Answered

I have about 40 Rose of Sharons that I dug up with roots. How do I store them so I can plant them next spring?

I would personally pot them very tightly in a few containers and keep them like that until next spring. Keep them watered and they should be fine. You can separate them back out in the spring to pot individually or plant in the ground.

Home growers don't have the same access to chemicals that keep bare roots hydrated for extended periods of time like commercial producers do. Even then, commercial producers will only keep plants bare root for a season. The plants would not be able to survive from now until spring base rooted, so just potting them up tightly and then keeping them that will will work.

00
Here are more questions about Rose Of Sharon Plants