Crocus

How to Schedule Bulb Planting After Pre-Chilling

KatSimp added on November 30, 2017 | Answered

I live in zone 8, north Louisiana. I am pre-chilling the following bulbs: crocus, hyacinth, daffodil, tulips and Globemaster/Gladiator/His Excellency Alliums. 1) I'm getting a lot of different advice regarding the chill time for each bulb. Can you help me with that? 2) Will each bulb flower in the same amount of time after planting? Unfortunately, the bulbs I care about the most are the latest flowering, the alliums. I need to understand how to design my garden; do I design it on them all blooming at the same time, can I plant, for instance crocus, and leave the alliums in the fridge until the crocus die and then plant the alliums where the crocus where? Or do I expect them to all bloom according to the regular blooming schedule? I know this is complicated, (it is for me!) thanks you SO much for any help you can offer!!! Thank you, Kathryn

Because there is so much here to research, I will not be able to answer all of your questions here. They may all bloom at different times, and they may all require different chill hours. I can suggest asking your local extension service, as they will be able to help you will all of your questions. This article will help you to find the nearest one: https://www.gardeningknowhow.com/extension-search/

00
Here are more questions about Crocus