How to Save My Yellow Rose (Grandma’s Yellow Rose)?

Anus added on September 8, 2014 | Answered

My yellow rose gave lots of flowers in May-July but now it's looking dead - one it doesn't have any leaves and yesterday I checked my plant stem and it's looking very dry but the base is looking alive. I want to save my plant. Please help me. My plant is in the ground. Two years before I planted this on ground, it was growing very well. I have the same problem on my pink rose too...

The roots being okay does not mean that the actual rose you loved is okay. Many roses are grafted roses, meaning the top desired rosebush is grafted onto a hardy rootstock rosebush. So if the top part died, what comes up from the root will be the rootstock and not the desired rosebush. There are what is called Own Root roses. The own root roses typically do not have a knuckle or grafting area at their base right above the beginning of the root system. If they are Own Root rosebushes, prune off all the dead parts down to good looking live cane material. Water the rosebushes with some water that has both some root stimulator and a product called Super Thrive in it. Adding a couple tablespoons of Epsom Salts to the mix will not hurt either. Water them with the Super Thrive in the water the next 3 to 4 times they need watering. That should get them going well. Here is a link to some information on the grafted rosebushes for you:

Stan The Rose Man
Consulting Rosarian
Gardening Know How