Anthurium Plants

How to Prevent Black, Dry, Spreading Areas on My Anthurium Plant

papatoots added on October 31, 2017 | Answered

My new anthurium plant is experiencing black, dry areas on the leaves. What is causing this, and how can I prevent it? The surface of the soil is damp. The plant is in a high light area, but not in direct sun.

This is, most likely, a fungal issue. The most common cause is over-watering. I have a method I use That works very well.

My recipe is as follows: First, you will want to prime your soil with wettable sulfur (for fungus control) and dolomitic lime. (for balancing pH, supplementing magnesium, and calcium.) Then, you will mix the following in a spray bottle with warm water, and a spoonful of coconut oil- Neem oil, rosemary oil, garlic extract, thyme oil, cinnamon extract, and for heavier insect infestations, Clove oil.
Spray as often as needed.

00
Here are more questions about Anthurium Plants