How to Induce Flowers on My Mango and Avocado Trees

Annalai added on March 11, 2018 | Answered

I had trimmed down my mango tree over a year and a half ago. It has a lot of new leaves, but it has not been flowering. What can I do to induce the flowers so that we can ha e some fruits. I read that you can use calcium nitrate. Is this a fertilizer that is readily available? I also heard that you can use diluted bleach at the root of the plant? I only see a couple of blossoms, but they just dried up without any fruits. Any help would be very much appreciated.

A heavy pruning will often cause the flowering process to halt for awhile. Calcium nitrate will not likely help with flowering, as nitrogen usually prevents flowering in excess. The calcium can help with deficiencies, but it will no, necessarily, help with flowering. Bleach can help with ornamentals, but it can also take away a few years of its lifespan also.

I would recommend letting them fully recover from the hard pruning, then adding potassium and phosphorus. You can also try spraying with cytokines, but this can be dangerous to your health if misused.

00