Container Gardening

How to Get Deep Rooted Stuck Plant Out of a Beautiful Resin

miversen added on February 6, 2011 | Answered

How do I to get deep rooted stuck plant out of a beautiful resin huge planter? It is over grown and need to be transplanted. I have tried cutting around the edge of the pot to loosen the root, also tried water. I think it is just grown into the resin. Help, I have tried everything. I do not want to cut pot, if at all possible.

It is possible that it has grown into the pot. These roots should only be small feeder roots that will cut easily. If you water it well, then use a long thin strip of metal (like an old window blind slat or a serrated bread knife) you should be able to cut away a good many of these feed roots. Then you may want to ask someone strong to help you pull the plant out. One person can hold the pot while the other (stronger person) should be able to get a good handhold in the soil/roots itself. If the plant has grown into the resin, it is pretty potbound and the rootball should be pretty compact and able to be gripped.

00
Here are more questions about Container Gardening